This page has moved to a new address.

On the road again... Again.

Rail Time - a Model Train Blog: On the road again... Again.

Monday, November 22, 2010

On the road again... Again.

So clearly I've not been much of a blogger. I've been active on multiple model railroad forums and have recently added a Facebook fan page for my layout, the N Scale Juniata Division... but a model blogger I ain't. But since I staked out this little corner of the Internets I figure it's high time I revisit Rail Time.

The biggest news recently has been the fact that we're moving AGAIN. I'm hitting the road tomorrow to the Florida panhandle and duty station number 7 for me. Now last time I had the movers move the Juniata Division in a crate I'd built. Well, this time the layout's twice as big. Oh yeah, I guess I didn't blog about that either... OK, I owe you another post! Anyway, this time it seemed more prudent just to move the thing myself:



The layout is shock-corded in place in a 5x8 U-Haul trailer. Here's hoping it doesn't bounce too much! And, if you're not keeping up with the Juniata Division's website, Facebook fan page, or the 4 model railroad forums I frequent, here's a shot of the layout with the new Enola Yard extension as it sat yesterday in the empty basement:



If there's a lesson to be learned here, it's that planning up front for portability, though sometimes a real pain and an added expense, pays huge dividends down the road. You may not have as mobile a lifestyle as I do, but if you're in a starter home or have big plans for the future that involve a relocation, you can have your layout now instead of having to wait.

1 Comments:

Blogger Maila M said...

i wonder how does it look like when placed in a trains o scale model.

September 28, 2011 at 11:03 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home